HORTO compost bins are entirely manufactured from 100% HDPE plastic material recovered from separate waste collection (post-consumer) and guaranteed by “Plastica Seconda Vita” (Second-Life plastic) from the Italian Institute for the Promotion of Recycled Plastics.
HORTO is designed to contain the natural bacterial activity occurring between the soil and the atmosphere, improving the interactive conditions of decomposition and reducing the time needed to complete the compost process. This is achieved through thermal insulation, balancing moisture conservation and temperature through optimum aeration, while providing protection from the weather and UV light.REQUEST INFO
100% recycled and recyclable PE, coming from post-consuption waste (bins, boxes, etc.), “Plastic Second Life” certified.
Wide lid with sturdy hinges
- Practical modular structure hinged through self-cleaning shafts.
- Thermal walls made of foam material, without using chemical foaming, 6mm to 10mm thickness.
- Ventilation holes in the walls for complete air circulation and humidity regulation.
- Profile designed to avoid water infiltration from the ventilation holes.
- Practical walls opening.
- Excellent resistance to bad weather and chemical agents.
- Easy to stock, to trasport and to assemble.